Abdominoplasty for flat stomach
The benefits of abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck") on our body are impressive
- Removal of excess fat from the abdominal wall.
- Restoration of weakened muscles
- Tightening and strengthening of abdominal and main muscles of the abdomen.
- Reduction of the part of the stomach protruding from the body and formation of a flat stomach, balanced according to each body type
- Formation of well-shaped abdominal muscles
- Removal of loose skin
- Improvement of the waist line
- Reduction of the abdominal circumference
Abdominoplasty: how it works
“Tummy tuck” or else abdominoplasty is the most radical invasive procedure to treat excess fat that has been accumulated in the area of the abdomen. The procedure involves the removal of sagging skin and adipose tissues from the mid and lower part of the abdomen. Further on, the tightening and suturing of the abdominal muscles lessens the risk of future hernias development in the area, thus radicallychanging any given body type.
First line surgical procedure
During recent years, abdominoplasty is becoming a first line plastic surgery. According to the data published by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, in 2015 around 22 million plastic surgery procedures were performed at global level.
The vast majority of the procedures, 85.6%, were performed on women, with abdominoplasty being the 4th most popular procedure, with a percentage of 11%.
Full abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck") involves the removal of a large volume of excess skin and excess fat from the abdominal area, general anaesthesia is required and probably the navel is placed on another position, if its surrounding tissue is removed.
Full abdominoplasty is the ideal solution for women after caesarean section because its scar, which is at the same area with that treated during abdominoplasty, can be improved, or even be integrated with the scar of the abdominoplasty.
It is indicated for women and men whose weight is close to normal, with less intense aesthetic problem that have local fat in the abdominal area.
The reason is that this procedure is limited to the area below the navel (and thus it should not be transferred), while general anaesthesia is not required. This procedure achieves the removal of loose and excess skin from the area of the abdomen, as well as the tightening of the muscles, so that to improve the overall waist contour.
The benefits of abdominoplasty for our well being
- Tones up the self-confidence thanks to the improved image achieved
- Enhanced self-confidence
- Improved social life as a result of the improved image
- Improved sexual life
- Significant change of dietary habits & choice of a healthier lifestyle (e.g. physical exercise).
- You are healthy and your weight is stable
- You have realistic expectations
- Your skin around the abdomen is sagging
- You have excess fat in the abdomen that is resistant to diet and exercise programmes
I had always problem in my belly but I was afraid of the operation… In IQ Intensive Quality Skin Clinics the tummy tuck was painless and inexpensive! I strongly recommend it!
Ioanna D., 43 years old
I was trying to get rid of my “belly” with exercise. But no result was achieved. A friend suggested Abdominoplasty and now I am very happy with my flat belly!
Book today an appointment for an assessment free of charge!